Monday, November 12, 2007

And so it begins...

A few of my favorite things...

And they're all handmade!

The following photos are of a card keeper I made for my MIL. I made this a while back at a class with Kathy Darroch (my friend and wonderful scrappy gal!). It took me a while, but I just finished tons of birthday cards that will fill the pockets of this book, and the entire thing will be her b-day gift.Kathy had us take an 8x8 album, remove the plastic protectors, and add in our own cardstock pages (measuring 12 x 8, and folded up to create the pockets). All the papers are K & Co., and the entire thing is simply elegant. Great gift idea for someone who has everything!


Every page also has the month and an area to write in special dates and names. There is a bookplate adorning every month, and ribbons and eyelets hold the pockets in place along the outer part of the pages.
And when it is closed, it looks like this! Totally adorable!

And this lovely little decoration was made by Jen Bueck:
The raw wood was purchased from Michael's, and the felt embellies are from Creative Imagination. Too cute! And she's done so many more. I'm going to have to take more pictures...

And one more for today! Total quickie treat, and perfect for making now and freezing until you need it. (I'm a huge fan of a freezer, and on any given day, you can open it and find cookies inside!) Okay, you'll need a bag of white chocolate, and a bag of peppermint crunch (I got mine at a candy making/supply store).
Simply melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave, stir in the peppermint, and drop by spoonfuls onto a piece of waxed paper, and chill.
They are really refreshing, and very colorful! Try it out! It's never to early to start the whole holiday thing...(or is it only me who tends to blink and it's over?)

Enjoy your day!

8 comments:

AnilĂș Magloire said...

You are too much! How do you find the time to do all of this, Trish???

Celebrate Today said...

That card organizer is fantastic! I am going to have to work on something like that.

emelyn said...

OMG!!I love that card organizer!! I am sooo going to make that for my mom!! There you go again...inspiring us with all these cool things! THANKS!!

Molly said...

I love this! Seriously, where do you find the time! You are superwoman, Trish! I love that card organizer! :D And I am trying that cookie/candy! Yum! And that snowman! I collect snowmen...makes me so upset that I can't get it...why can't M's come out to Hawaii, I tell you, why why why! LOL!

Nicole Eshelman said...

Seriously...where do you find the time? :) Great stuff!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love that card organizer - just awesome! Jen is just to crafty! and I love that peppermint bark - we usually spread it flat on the cookie sheet then break it up into pieces after freezing.

Anonymous said...

I might have to try these....and I'm with the other girls....don't you have a family?? (I know you do)....how the heck do you find time? Do you sleep?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the inspiration with the peppermint candy. I've made this for years (after someone gave it to me for a treat) and have always spread it out on a cookie sheet and broke up into pieces after it was chilled. I'll definitely be trying the "drop by spoonfuls" method this year. Thanks!