Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Favorite Fall Photos

Every season brings about something wonderful. I'd like to share a few photo ideas to prompt you to take seasonal pictures--in hopes that it will inspire you in some way...

1. Take a photo of your doorway, from outside your home. If you have a willing participant, shoot someone coming or going from your home.
2. Photograph the turning leaves or your garden in the fall. Instead of your typical point of view, stand right next to the trunk of a tree and look straight up and take the shot.
3. Photograph pumpkins, apples, or gourds. They are beautiful and so unique!
4. Photograph your sweaters folded in a stack, or the place where you hang your seasonal jacket.
5. Since soccer and football are fall favorites, be sure to take a few of those photos.
6. Snap a few photos of your favorite Halloween decorations--even if they don't belong to you! There is a house in our neighborhood that always goes the extra mile--and I am going to photograph them on Halloween this year.
7. Take a close-up of Halloween candy.
8. Photograph pie, chili, soup--comfort food that is good on a chilly day. If not the food itself, photograph your recipe books!
9. Photograph tulip bulbs, the raking of leaves, or your outdoor tools.
10. Sit your children in a pumpkin patch and keep snapping away. Go on a hayride and play!!

The above photographs of my own family are screaming to be scrapped and I can't wait to dig in! I plan on journaling directly onto the main photograph in the above 12x12 layout with a marker, and using simple embellishments for a small bit of interest, and that is IT.

Do you have any special fall tradition or seasonal photo tip you'd like to share? I'd love to hear it!

ETA--I took the photos myself using my Canon and my 50mm 1.4 lens. I did the post processessing, uploaded them to Costco and had them printed in 12x12 format.

Have a wonderful day!

13 comments:

Valerie said...

Great post and ideas! I love the photos you took of the family!!

Anonymous said...

wow-great shots! i really like the editing too!

-sam

Bonita Rose said...

wonderful post and beautiful layouts.. ur work rocks!! big hugs,

pickmepam said...

i seriously thought as i saw your 1st photo that you went to a studio for the background, then saw the rest of the photos! great shots! love the 2nd layout!

Jewel said...

Great photos! Thanks for all the shot ideas. I am off to try the close up of the tree trunk looking up at the leaves right now.

borcherding said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!! :-)

Rita said...

Hey Trish....love the photos. You inspired me to go out and play with my camera in manual mode. Once I get that down, I have to attempt photoshop:-) Rita

LisaNRoxy said...

What a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing this great advice Trish. I am always looking for photo ideas.

Living in Florid a- we have a hard time getting seasonla pics. This weekend, I took my nephew to Traget and they had some beautiful Mums about as big as he is so I set up a photo shoot right in the garden department! Thankfully the target employees were good sports and got right involved moving things around. Oh the things I will do for some real fall looking pics! Can't wait to scrap those pics with the November WIP!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

You always come up with the best ideas! Love that picture and the layout and gonna try some of those photo ideas!

jamie said...

love your family photo!! sweet family. and that layout grid is great!!! i did a mini album this year of fall photos from around the yard and house. i love how it turned out. going to do that every year.
fall is just so picture worthy.

Jessica Griffin said...

Target. That's it. That's my secret! Select locations have a portrait studio. We have pictures done every time we turn around. We can get a package for $8.00- Target's portrait studio is 10X better than Walmart. Secret is, the company who takes your childs school pictures are the ones who operate the studio at Target. Check Targets website to see if your location has one. We get great photos every time. I can outfit my whole family for an entire year for $8.00 a session. (No sitting fees. No fees period. Just the cost of your pictures.) There are even coupons on Targets website. I'm more than happy to share my photos if anyone wants to see them!

Colleen said...

gorgeous!!!

Julie said...

I LOVE that collage! Fantastic photos!