Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Quick Halloween Project...

I made this in about an hour, using a Martha Stewart shadow box frame (found on clearance at Mike's), one Martha Stewart bat punch, and a bunch of scrap black patterned papers...

Yes, of course it was inspired by Ali's butterfly project :).I used pop dots on some of the bats, but not all. I did use a ruler to help me line them up straight, but I did not measure the distance between them--I eyeballed it and started in the center.
To finish it off, I added a Making Memories sticker embellishment and a paper ribbon from Creative Imaginations. I plan on doing one with pumpkins for Thanksgiving too!

Enjoy your weekend!

10 comments:

Colleen said...

that is adorable!!! i see one with trees or pumpkins or something else. i never thought of seasonalizing these things!!

Unknown said...

This is really fab, Trish!!! I'm with Colleen, the ideas for making this seasonal are endless!

Terri Paulson-Sasaki said...

Very cute.

Valerie said...

Oh gosh. I love this. Leave it to you to do THE BEST PROJECTS! Love....

Jana Eubank said...

This is so stinkin' adorable! You clever gal! Now I'm gonna have to go find me one of those frames! ;)

jamie said...

i love the idea for pumpkings...or trees...or whatever else one can come up with...and it made me chuckle in light of what was sent to you today. and darn...how did i miss those on clearance at michael's? sweet candace h at wt sent me one as and rak...how wonderful was that?
thanks for sharing your ideas, trish.

jamie said...

oops...make that 'pumpkins'.

Jewel said...

This is so adorable! I never seem to find things like this on clearance. Guess I will be making a trip to Michael's!

pickmepam said...

clever, as always.

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Hey Trish! I love your Halloween album and this project, too!!! Great idea! I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks :-)