Tuesday, January 13, 2009

do you display your works of art?

i love to display my creations. i have some layouts hanging around my scrapbook room.
for a while that was enough. then i got my hands on this amazing display case.
one of my neighbors was having a tag sale. I went down to check it out and was drooling over this
contraption she had. She thought it was rather funny---but she didn't see what i saw. So she told me if she didn't sell it--that i could have it. Lucky for me no one wanted it.
so now along half of one of my wall in my scrappy room-- i have this:






so how do YOU display YOUR works of art?

8 comments:

Trish said...

OMG Janelle--that is SO cool! I love it--original and perfect for you. It was meant to be. I don't display too many of my layouts, but now you have me thinking...

pickmepam said...

very cool. i can see tacking things up for inspiration as well!
i don't display layouts, but i do display my children's artwork. i have big unfinished frames, mount them and add a mat and my home is totally decked out with original artwork!

Sherry said...

Wow! What a great piece! I do display my pieces. Since my scraproom is joined with the living room, I think it helps to inspire me when I see it out. I have these little hangers that have clips on them and I display my current layouts, I have a little shabby chic looking gate that I like to use to display my cards, and I bought a roll of thin cork to hang up smaller pieces and other things to spark my creative juices. Love your display!

Laina Lamb said...

Love this Janelle. Love it!

Gabrielle said...

WOW! Gorgeous! I keep my large albums on a bookshelf and all minis go in baskets around the house.

Paula Clare said...

I have the walls of my scrapbook room completely covered with my layouts and altered art. I LOVE having them up so I can be inspired by them...and it reminds me that DO have "attacks" of creativity from time to time! My scrapbook room is decorated the way I've always wanted to decorate a room...completely over the top and ME!

Anonymous said...

This is totally wonderful! I have a mounted curtain rod rod with slidding clips that I hang up my recent LOs with and I really enjoy that, but only display about 5 LOs with it.

Shelley Haganman said...

Ooooo this is so cool! What a great place to display your layouts and projects!