Sunday, February 22, 2009

Party Favors

I don't care how old my kids get, I will probably always find a reason to be making party favors for them or my girlfriends. Hi everyone Tina here to share my newest discovery in party favors, felt Fortune Cookies. With Chelsea's and my nephew Shawn's birthday's approaching I was looking for something to make for their party.

I found this idea at the Martha Stewart website here
These would look cute in any color to go with your party theme, but I chose the tan felt for a more natural look.    Using redline tape I taped a piece of wire in the center and then covered with a piece of ribbon.

Once you fold in half you can bend the fortune cookie to form its shape and it will stay closed.  Our plan is to fill the cookies with paper notes describing the fortune they just won.   While having a basket filled with all the items.



4 comments:

Damaris said...

Oooohhhhh Tina, you are so right...I too will find a way to have party favors at all or any event. Thanks for sharing. Great idea.
HUGS

jamie said...

how cute are those, tina? fun stuff. i need to be better about party favors...i'm good to get the party going...you are inspiring again.
thanks!

Trish said...

Hi Supermom--

I have not received one email from you, so I'm not sure if you have the address correct. My email is Turay413@gmail.com. Thanks.

Aleks said...

Oh, how totally cute are these!!!