Tuesday, April 28, 2009

photo albums

My family recently went on a cruise and between the 11 of us, we managed to take over 500 photos! I knew it would be virtually impossible to scrapbook all of those photos. I decided to make my task more manageable and create a "photo" album instead.

I found this great special issue from Simple Scrapbooks to get me started. The issue is filled with lots of different approaches to creative photo albums. It is probably one of my favorite issues.

I narrowed down my photos to about 200 of my favorites. Next, I purchased a simple photo album from Joanns. The faux leather cover is perfect knowing that my little guys will look at this often.

I simply slipped my photos in the sleeves. I left some sleeves empty to journal and make "mini" pages. To keep things simple, I used one paper line from Anna Griffin and matching embellishments.






I finished the entire album in less than 2 weeks by working on it a little each evening. I actually made 2 of them at the same time so that I could give one as a gift. I highly recommend trying this when you have a large volume to photos from a trip or an event.
I'd like to show you more from my album but for some reason, my PC is very upset with Photoshop and shuts down in the middle of my work. I think it's on strike. A good reminder to us all to back up your work! We have everything on an external hard drive just in case.
Have a great day!
Laina



3 comments:

Trish said...

Oh, Laina!! I love this concept, and will use it for our upcoming summer vacation! I really like how you fit more photos and less journaling--perfect for vacations. TFS!

graphics_girl said...

I love it! I did the same thing, but got a little too ambitious with a 12x12 album. All the pictures are in, now it's time for the mini pages and journalling. THanks for sharing with us!

Mary - said...

this is such a wonderful idea - isn't that the best mag for mini-albums and stuff. i need to get started on mine now... thx for the inspo laina! :) smiles, m-