Friday, June 26, 2009

Ribbon Experiments

Hi everyone! Colleen here...

I've decided to get a little non traditional with ribbon using the July kit. I experimented a bit with the last kit on my Mr. Pink layout by threading it through the Pink Paislee edged paper.
Mr. Pink
This is a big step for me. Usually I'm very traditional with my ribbon usage.
See? Here I just used it like I would a strip of paper:
right now
Sometimes I'll use it to close something or keep something together like a mini album or hidden journaling:
feb daily 3: private rant
With the July kit, I decided to take the ribbon and use it as a decorative edge:

What I did was wrap the edge with the ribbon, adhering it to the front and back of the paper. I like the look. It gives it a vintagey feel, which is perfect with this kit. I think what I might do is go back with the sewing machine and stitch with some brown thread.

What fun things have you done with ribbon? Link us up!

2 comments:

Trish said...

Colleen, your layouts for the July gallery are my favorite of yours--ever. Rock that ribbon...and unpack those boxes!! Hope you're all settled in...

jamie said...

Colleen...Having fun with that lace ribbon for July too...I die cut a chipboard heart for the layout Trish posted in her sneak peek, and then covered the heart with the lace ribbon, and trimmed it to the shape of the heart. I love how it added a gentle girly touch to my layout. Great post!!!