Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Season of Gifts and Gratitude

Hey everyone! Jamie here with another gift idea. With Thanksgiving a week away, and Christmas exactly a month after that...there is alot of gift giving going on in the next several weeks. Today I want to share one of my favorite gifts to give. Not only do I enjoy putting them together, I enjoy the response when it is given. This little journal is always a well received gift.

The gift to which I am referring is a Gratitude Calendar journal. You know I am a fan of Ali Edwards. She has created the Live Your Gratitude Daily Calendar Overlays a few years back. It has been a well loved digital element in my collection.  So here’s what I did::

  1. In your photo editor, open an 8 ½ x 11 blank document.
  2. Open the Calendar Overlay-start with January.
  3. Place the overlay on the blank document about ¼ inch from the top.
  4. Print out on 65# white or cream cardstock.

overlay on 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock


After it has printed, trim about ¼ inch from the bottom of the text.
Then trim the printed overlay in half so that you are left with 2-4 ¼ x 6 ½ inch pages.


 

Glue these pages into a previously made journal that you made that will be bound with book rings.


Make a very pretty cover…and don’t forget to wrap pretty too!



Throughout this journal in particular, I added some additional digital elements from Ali Edward's collection called Gratitude Quotes. So, not only is this a lovely gift for Christmas, but it would be a wonderful hostess gift for Thanksgiving too.



Thanks for letting me share with you today.

wip siggy

5 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a wonderful, creative idea, Jamie! Thank you for sharing this!

Trish said...

You are the bee's knees! I think this is just absolutely lovely--thanks for sharing, Jamie!

Randa said...

That is such an amazing idea! I'll have to keep that on the Christmas radar for some people I know!

borcherding said...

LOVE THIS!! Are the quotes on her website? I check her blog EVERY day! Your book is SO BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely LOVE it!!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

What a wonderful idea and gift!