Saturday, February 12, 2011

Faux Paper Ribbons

Feburary's kit contained a sheet of paper called Flour Sack from October Afternoon that looks like batched-together ribbons to me, so an idea came to me and I created this layout. Since the sheet of paper looks like ribbons, I might as well cut them out as if ribbons :)

Here is a pictorial tutorial how I did the ribbons. I know I could use scissors, but I'm way too lazy for two snips! lol.

Here is a close-up look at the faux ribbons' edges. I used Helmar Zapdots to give a few of them some added dimension.  I also intermingled a few pieces of real ribbons into the mix, just to add to the texture of the page.  Overall, this was a page of experimenting with an idea and I like the end result and I will probably implement this again on another page in the future :)

3 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

This looks really cool, Jing-Jing. Fab layout! Thanks for the tip about the square punch! Love it!

Aubree said...

I just adore your layouts Jing-Jing!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

such cute layouts and what a great idea