Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Mom.

 
Carol Ann Phillips
February 22, 1942-May 14, 2013
 
At some point, I'd like to be able to write something in depth about my mom.  I wish I was able to express how much I miss her, how much she meant to me, how much she meant to my entire family.  But those words aren't coming to me yet.  It's still too painful.
 
Many years ago, a good friend of mine once told me, "No matter how old you are, you never get over the death of your mother."  Sadly, I understand what she meant by that now.  A piece of me went with her as she left this life.  Although I'm grieving, I am also profoundly grateful for so much love and support from family and friends.  My husband and children have especially been a source of strength, and they've provided me with a light in my life that keeps me focused on the future.  We will all be okay.
 
This Memorial Day, my hope for you is that you remember those loved ones who have gone before you, and somehow left an impact on your life, whether it be large or small.  Peace.
 
 

3 comments:

Jewel said...

I lost my Mom 7 years ago. I still have an ache when I think about her and can be brought to tears with a memory. The pain never goes away but does become bearable. Sending you hugs and prayers for peace and strength during this difficult time.

Marge said...

Trish, my heart aches with you and your family.
Covering you with prayer and many thoughts for peace, dear one.

The Picinic Basket said...

I'm so very sorry Trish, just seeing this now. I'm hoping peace comes soon but the memories never fade. XO Barbara